a lil' bit of everythin'

Monday, May 15, 2006


I seriously can never understand this hype about being thin. Yeah, I agree that being slim and slender has its own benefits. You look good in almost anything you wear, hence look visually appealing and hence gain attention, and lets face it folks, who does not want attention. But what I don’t understand is how people can absolutely starve themselves to pencil stats just for the sake of looking good. I’ve tried okay? Not that I am too fat. I’m of medium height and am slightly on the plump side. And I have tried to diet too. But having a voracious appetite and an equally voracious sweet tooth, I just cant get myself to resist chocolates. And I also have this serious coke/pepsi ( no endorsing here) thing going and frankly whatever they say, the diet version can never be a good enough sub for the real thing. So well, dieting is quite out of the question for me. Please, I need food to function, and unless I am paid to be skinny like the super models are I don’t think its worth me time, energy or health.

A friend of mine wants to lose wait and be skinny. Why? Because she wants to be able to wear minis. And according to her, its all about feeling good about yourself, if you look good you automatically feel good. But folks, I am stll struggling to understand how watching your brother eat your favourite chocolate flavour and not being able to eat them yourself in fear of weight gain can make you feel good.

Anyway. Enough of harping on this topic. I’ll sign off for now. Ciao for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home